KBII VOLLEYBALL RULES & REGULATIONS
ROSTERS & WAIVERS:
It is the responsibility of the team captain to upload the roster by the 3rd week of play. Failure to do so will result in loss of playoff and tournament bids. You cannot add any team members to your roster after the 4th week of play. Substitutes must sign a waiver. ANY opposing team can question your roster or waiver at ANY time!
KBII League Play consists of 3 games. All 3 games are to 21 points. Cap of 23 on games one and two. Matches can be stopped at the top of each hour, in order for the next match to start.
- All lines are in and net boundaries are within dowels/net width. Metal poles and metal cord are considered out of play.
- Ball service MAY be made from any location behind the back line.
- You may not step on, over, or under the serving line.
- The serving team must announce the score prior to the serve. ONE warning will be given PER GAME and any subsequent violations will result in loss of service.
- Once the ball is tossed, IT IS IN SERVICE. You CANNOT catch or drop the ball once tossed. It will be considered a side out.
- Let serves (where a ball touches the net on the serve) are LEGAL.
- Overhead reception of the serve is LEGAL. You MAY also return the serve with an overhead pass.
- Attacking and blocking the serve is ILLEGAL. Overhead reception MAY NOT roll backwards off fingertips. A set-out is allowed however.
- Players MAY NOT screen.
- Double hitting is LEGAL (however you may not lift) as well as ball hitting multiple times on 1st receiver is LEGAL.
If the volleyball is contacted more than 1 time on your teams side of the court, a female must play the ball at least once before it goes over the net to the opponents side.
- You MAY start with 4 players, however 2 must be female and you cannot play quad rules, as it’s a 6’s league.
- If you start with 4 players, and other team members show up, they have to rotate into ghost spots. You CANNOT realign your rotation.
- If you start with 5 players, and another team member shows up, player must rotate into host position only. Again, you CANNOT realign your rotation.
- You MAY NOT play with less than 3 players.
- You MAY play with 3 men and 2 women and rotate players in after each side out.
- Teams can only ever have 1 more male than female on their teams.
- 6 person team: 3 males and 3 females
- 5 person team: 3 males and 2 females
- 4 person team: 2 males and 2 females
BLOCKING & ATTACKING:
- Back row attacks MUST be made before the ten foot line.
- You CAN come up to block from the back row when there is only 1 man in the front row.
- You MAY NOT reach over the net if a setter is overhead passing to an outside hitter.
- You MAY defend the net if any part of the ball is in the plane of the net.
- Your hand MAY NOT touch the net on your follow-thru.
- The ball MAY NOT roll off your fingertips.
- It is ILLEGAL to double an overhead pass.
- It is LEGAL to one hand overhead pass to your teammate, but it must be clean.
- The ball is playable if it hits the ceiling or beams within your playing area and is executed by your own team member.
- The ball is not playable if it hits and changes direction/rotation on an over or serve, or if the ball is already traveling out of bounds and subsequently changes direction through hitting an apparatus.
RULES OF KBII:
- No carry-in of any alcohol.
- No glass in volley dome.
- No carry-ins of any food.
- No coolers.
- Bottled water IS allowed.
- Any issues with your team, and you WILL be asked to leave.
All disputes must be handled in the appropriate manner – If no decision can be made – Replay the point.
Management is available for discussion.
- Please report all matches to the volleyball coordinator or bartender at the lower bar or patio bar.
- Are to start on the hour and are 1 hour long.
- Next match will start at the top of each hour.
- A team 5 minutes late – forfeits game 1.
- A team 10 minutes late – forfeits game 2.
- A team 15 minutes late – forfeits game 3.
- $25 forfeit fees now apply. (fees apply to “no call, no show” teams only, NOT rescheduled matches)
- A team with an unpaid forfeit fee will not be able to play their subsequent matches until paid in full.
Each league will take the top 4 teams into that leagues playoffs. If there is a tie record we will use head-to-head in the regular season to determine the tiebreaker. Even if your team is not in the top 4 in the final standings you will still play during the playoff weeks. Whichever team wins the playoff match advances and only the winner of the playoffs will receive league champion t-shirts. Even if one of the teams wins the first 2 games still play a third game unless both teams agree not to.
Open Play Rules & Regulations
- All players MUST check in with a bartender or manager BEFORE entering the volleydome
- As long as all players are in agreement there is no formal open play format that needs to be followed
- If there are enough players that there is a wait time in-between games, and players can not come to an agreement, play will go as follows:
- Each team will play 2 games and then sit.
- They are able to call another match immediately after completing their 2 games and the same procedure is followed.
- Teams are not able to call multiple courts at a time
- There are NO challenge courts if there is a wait time for games
- Players participating in open play should be respectful and welcoming to ALL players of ALL levels of play
- If you have questions please ask for a manager at the bar.
Days and Times
*Open play not available during tournament days or during court rentals listed below.
Fridays – $5/player
Saturdays & Sundays – $10/player
Weekly League Players – $5/player
Open Play season long cards now available for purchase – $150 for the entire season.
Please call and ask for more details.